Societies at the University of Cambridge
Hi all, I'm Letty – your new Societies Project Coordinator. I've just started on this 6 month project, and will be working until the end of July to:
- support and guide societies in applying for grants and managing their finances
- support and guide those interested in setting up a new society
- develop and provide training sessions, workshops, tailored support, and other resources and guidance materials
I'll be uploading resources and training and workshop dates throughout the project and will keep you updated of these through a variety of channels, including the societies bulletin, directory mailouts (make sure you're added as a manager of you society here to receive these), facebook and twitter…so you shouldn't be able to miss anything.
I am here to respond to what you want so email me on email@example.com with any questions, suggestions or requests. I look forward to hearing from you!
Cambridge boasts hundreds of societies for all tastes - browse CUSU's Societies Directory to find out more about them!
Services for societies:
- The Societies' Fair
- The Societies Directory
- The Societies Bulletin
- Vehicle Hire
- Office services - photocopying and printing, lamination etc.
- Webspace and mailing list services in association with the student-run computing facility
- Email forwarding
- Events listings
- Conference room hire
- Online voting
- Funding application and accounts support
- DTP (publishing) facilities and other services.
- E-mail forwarding service, giving societies a permanent e-mail address (in the form firstname.lastname@example.org) which forwards mail on to the present officers.
- Webspace: The Student-Run Computing Facility (SRCF), in association with CUSU, provides free webspace and computing facilities including e-mail and mailing list facilities, without bureaucracy.
- The Cambridge Student newspaper also runs a listings service. Contact the Business Manager for further information and pricings.
We are always seeking to expand the services, facilities and information we can provide for societies. Please contact the CUSU Coordinator if you have any questions or suggestions.