Student Life Directory
Our seminar group aims to be a site for inter-disciplinary research within the field of postcolonial studies. We ask how postcolonial theory might be relevant in examining historiography, looking at how postcolonial theory helps us to explore physical, material, social, geographical and textual histories.
Our key questions include:
- Who speaks for the past?
- Who narrates, who is narrated and who is excluded?
- Who is responsible for making history accessible?
- How do we interpret history through institutions?
- Why do we collect?
- How do archives function as national projects?
- What is the relationship between memory, the archive, memorialisation and the museum, and why is this important for rethinking history in a postcolonial context?
We welcome all students and staff to attend our seminars. No registration required.