Access Alumni Team
Now Cambridge students can keep helping out with our Access work after you graduate! Our graduates are some of our most valuable assets, because you show school students what great things can be done after an education at Cambridge (and other top universities). This is particularly important when tuition fees have trebled, and sixth formers will be thinking, "What are the benefits of spending so much money on a degree?".
Add your details to the Access Alumni Team mailing list, and we'll make you aware of opportunities to help out with access initiatives that you could help with. Examples include:
- Target/RAID visits, where students may have questions about graduate prospects;
- Careers Service talks organised in connection with the Shadowing Scheme;
- Helping to make connections with employers and occupational networks.
Join the Access Alumni Team list - from Easter Term 2012
Donate to CUSU Access
CUSU Access's work has long been as high-quality, accountable and effective as the measures that the University takes to widen participation. But we work on a fraction of the budget, with enough money to fund one full-time staff member (the Access Officer), the Shadowing Scheme and a small sum leftover to fund any HE campaigns or other access initiatives that CUSU decides to run.
We don't rely on individual graduates' donations to fund our access work (as it's an unsustainable source and we rein in the prospective scale of our schemes). However, if you would like to donate any amount of money to CUSU specifically for its access work, we'd treat this as extra contributions and be very, very grateful.
The CUSU Access pot of funding goes towards things like:
- funding pupils' places on the Shadowing Scheme,
- publicity and training materials for student and graduate volunteers,
- funding trips to schools to run talks and workshops (or bringing schools to Cambridge to do the same thing),
- and the material costs that go into higher education campaigns.
If you'd like to donate any amount of money to CUSU Access, please get in contact with the CUSU Access Officer or post a cheque to CUSU, specifying that the donation is for CUSU Access (optionally including any specific part of our access work).